- ProductsCreate exceptional embedded finance and payment experiences with Powens.
- BankTop-performing Open Banking platform
- PayMove money instantly and accept payments freely.
- WealthTop wealth solution with maximum financial products
- TrustIdentity Verification Solution
- CheckAutomated Bank identity verifications
- AdvisoryReal-time revenue-checking solution
- Platform Overview
- Read our e-bookMake Better Credit Decisions With Open Banking: An Insider’s Perspective
- SolutionsLearn more about the use cases and business activities we serve.
- By use case
- By industry
- Read our e-bookMake Better Credit Decisions With Open Banking: An Insider’s Perspective
- DevelopersInitiate payments, and aggregate all the financial data and documents you need from over 1800 institutions using a single API and unified development environment.
- About usWe’re building Europe’s number one Open Finance platform.
- FREE TRIAL
- Log in
Transparency in the handling of personal data is a fundamental value for Powens
We are committed to making continuous efforts and improving this policy to enhance the security and management of your personal data. Therefore, we encourage you to stay updated about any changes that may occur.
For any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are we?
All information is collected and recorded by Powens acting as the Data Controller.
Powens is a French payment institution authorized by the French Prudential Control and Resolution Authority (ACPR). Our main activity is to provide banking and financial services, as well as document aggregation.
Powens places great importance on respecting privacy and, in this regard, complies with the provisions of the French Data Protection Law No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978, in its current version, and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 of April 27, 2016, regarding the protection of personal data and the free movement of such data.
Categories of processed data
We collect different types of data about you, including:
- Identity and contact data: Name, first name, phone number, email address.
- Professional data: Name, first name, job title, company.
- Financial data: Bank details, transaction history, and other financial information.
- Authentication data: Information used for account access and authentication.
- Application data: Name, first name, email address, phone number, professional experiences, and any other information you provide through your application, curriculum vitae, and interviews (photo, skills, education level, languages spoken, salary expectations, home address, hobbies, family status).
- Technical data: IP address, information provided by the browser about the operating system and browser used, cookies, and trackers.
- Usage data: Information about how you use our services, such as website navigation patterns, clickstream data, and preferences.
- Marketing and communication data: Your preferences regarding the receipt of marketing materials and communications from us.
- Other data: Any other personal data you voluntarily provide or that is necessary for the provision of our services.
Most of the personal data we process is provided directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have browsed the Powens website (hereinafter referred to as “the Website”) accessible at the address: https://powens.com/;
- You have responded to a contact form on our Website;
- You have interacted with the Powens chatbot present on the Website or with our advisors;
- You have sent us a business inquiry;
- You have provided us with your contact information during meetings or events organized by Powens (physical or online events, such as webinars);
- You have subscribed to our newsletter;
- You have created a user account on the Console accessible at the address: https://console.budget-insight.com/;
- You are a partner of Powens;
- You have submitted a job application to us.
We also receive personal data indirectly from the following sources in the following cases:
- Public contact details obtained from open data databases;
- Referrals from third parties or partners;
- Information provided by the browser about the operating system and browser used;
- Cookies and trackers (see our Policy on this matter below).
Use of your data
We use the information we have collected for the following purposes:
- Conducting business prospecting operations;
- Responding to information and/or contact requests;
- Conducting statistics on our Website;
- Improving and ensuring the security of our Website;
- Allowing the download of our white papers;
- Managing our customer base and partnerships;
- Engaging in pre-contractual steps, concluding and performing contracts;
- Managing received job applications;
- Managing newsletter subscriptions;
- Managing webinars and other events organized by Powens.
The legal bases on which we rely for processing this information are as follows:
- Your consent (which you can withdraw at any time);
- Compliance with our contractual obligations;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- Pursuit of our legitimate interests, as long as they do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Sharing and retention of your data
Your personal data may only be transmitted to individuals or legal entities who have a legitimate need to process them, namely:
- Authorized employees of Powens, within the scope of their functions and duties;
- Subcontractors of Powens for the purposes described below;
- Any entities and individuals designated by regulations, as well as anyone to whom you expressly authorize disclosure.
→ Data Retention
Powens retains your Personal Data only for the duration necessary for the purposes for which they are processed, and in accordance with applicable law. The retention period of your Personal Data depends on the purpose of each processing.
- We retain your data for the duration of our contractual relationship and for an additional 5 years in intermediate archiving for legal prescription reasons;
- We retain your data, unless you object, for prospecting purposes for a period of three years from the last contact initiated by you or the end of the contractual relationship, if applicable;
- We retain data related to your browsing on our Website for a period not exceeding 13 months from their collection;
- In the context of a job application, your CV and the information provided during the recruitment process will be kept for up to 2 years after your last contact with Powens, unless you object;
- When we retain some of your personal data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation and to exercise our rights, we retain your data for the duration indicated in the relevant legal text;
→ Subcontracting and Data transfer
To provide our services, we may work with other companies.
|OVH||Hosting of data||No|
|SEWAN||Hosting of data||No|
|AWS||Hosting of data||No|
|Gsuite||Online office supplies provider||Yes|
|Livestorm||Webinar solution provider||No|
|Hubspot||B2B prospecting solution||Yes|
|B2B prospecting solution||Yes|
|WTTJ||Application system provider||Yes|
|Leeway||Contract management solution||No|
|Zendesk||Customer service platform||Yes|
|Mailchimp||Emailing solution provider||Yes|
We ensure that our partners have guarantees in terms of quality, security, reliability, and resources to implement technical and organizational measures, including data security measures.
We have a Data Processing Agreement in place with all our subprocessors. When necessary, we sign Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) and ensure that additional measures have been implemented.
Lastly, in response to a request from competent public authorities, we may be required to disclose your personal data in order to comply with our legal obligations.
We are committed to taking all necessary measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data, including preventing them from being damaged, deleted, or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
In the event of a security incident affecting your personal data (such as destruction, loss, alteration, or disclosure), we undertake to take all necessary steps to address the situation.
If such an incident occurs, we will inform you and report the incident to the relevant data protection authorities, such as the National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties (CNIL), in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We implement various security measures, including technical and organizational measures, to protect personal data against unauthorized access, loss, or alteration. These measures include secure data storage, encryption, access controls, regular system monitoring, and employee training on data protection.
Please be aware that no method of data transmission or storage is completely secure. However, we strive to maintain a high level of security and continuously review and update our security practices to protect your personal data to the best of our abilities.
You have the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, if so, to request access to the personal data we hold about you;
- Right of rectification: If you believe that any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request the correction or updating of such data;
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances, such as when the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or if you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for processing;
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, except when we have legitimate grounds for processing that override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or when the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to transmit those data to another controller, where the processing is based on consent or the performance of a contract;
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or when the processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure;
- Right to give instructions regarding the processing of your data after your death: You have the right to provide instructions on the storage, erasure, and disclosure of your personal data after your death.
Any request you make must be clear, specific, justified, and accompanied by a copy of an identification document, in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, which in France is the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL). If you believe that your rights regarding the processing of your personal data have been violated, you can contact the CNIL for further assistance.
Their contact details are as follows:
3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07
Tél : 01 53 73 22 22 / Fax : 01 53 73 22 00
You can visit their website at www.cnil.fr for more information on how to submit a complaint.
Please note that we encourage you to contact us first to address any concerns or issues regarding the processing of your personal data, as we are committed to resolving any privacy-related matters in a timely and satisfactory manner.
Links to third-party social media sites
The Powens website may contain links to social media platforms operated by individuals or organizations over which Powens has no control.
Powens’ cookies Policy
Cookies are files deposited in your computer’s or device’s browser during your navigation on the Powens website, and are subsequently sent automatically by the browser to Powens’ servers during your navigation.
These files can be deposited:
- Either by Powens. In this case, they are created or managed by Powens as the Site Owner.
- Or by third parties such as Hubspot, Linkedin, Youtube, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Recaptcha, Hotjar, Twitter (non exhaustive list). In this case, the issuance, use, and management of these third-party cookies are subject to the data protection and privacy policies of these third-party companies.
The primary purpose of cookies is to enhance your user experience during your visit to our website. They may also result in commercial solicitations from us.
→ Description of the cookies used
Our technical cookies and trackers
We use technical cookies and trackers that are essential for accessing and ensuring the proper functioning of the Website. They enable basic functions such as page navigation, access to secure areas, and the setting of privacy preferences.
Our audience measurement cookies and trackers
We use audience measurement cookies and trackers to measure the traffic on the Website and gain a better understanding of how visitors use it.
To achieve this, we use Google Analytics. The anonymous information generated by Google Analytics cookies about the use of our Website is transmitted to Google. This information is then used solely to generate statistical reports on the Website’s traffic and usage. These reports are intended to:
- Evaluate aggregated usage data to optimize our content and marketing efforts;
- Better meet your needs and interests.
When using the Console, the automatic installation of a Hotjar cookie may occur. The information is used to improve the browsing performance of the Console.
Our advertising cookies and trackers
We use advertising cookies and trackers to identify the audience that has visited the site. When a visitor arrives on the Site, it allows us to determine the source of their visit (advertising on social networks or search engines). Powens does not have access to any directly identifiable information, only pseudonymized data. If the visitor consents to advertising cookies and trackers and uses a contact form on the Site, their referral source will be recorded in our systems.
Our commercial personalization cookies and trackers
We use commercial personalization cookies and trackers (including a “chatbot”) to personalize and facilitate interactions with our sales teams. If the visitor consents to commercial personalization cookies and trackers and uses a contact form on the site, their browsing history on the Website and their requests made to the “chatbot” will be linked to the information entered in the form.
→ Managing Cookies and Trackers
The placement of cookies and trackers is subject to your consent. By clicking on the “Accept” button in the dedicated information banner that appears during your first visit to the website, you consent to the placement of cookies and trackers whose information is provided.
To refuse the storage of cookies on your device or browser:
- Click on the “Continue without accepting” button in the banner.
- Adjust your choices in the Cookie Manager accessible through the “I choose” button.
You can also authorize or refuse the storage of cookies on your computer or device by adjusting the appropriate settings in your web browser. These settings are specific to each browser and can be accessed through the browser’s help menu. Please refer to the help guides for your specific browser:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
By adjusting these browser settings, you can choose to accept or reject cookies according to your preferences. Please note that blocking or disabling certain cookies may affect the functionality and user experience of the website.